Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Backups

2011-01-07 19:25:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Backups
From: penne296 AT sapo DOT pt
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 00:22:46 +0000
Citando newsletter-ale AT guest DOT net:

  > First of all, sorry for my bad quoting but my webmail doesn't
support
  > it very well.
  >
  > Your configuration is more or less the same as mine except that I'm

  > not using scraths pools or recycle pools.
  > Actually I would like to have a different volume for every type of
  > pool (one volume for Fulls, one for Incrementals and so on).
  >
  > I don't see any standard "pool" directive in your Job configuration

  > but only "Full Pool" and "Incremental Pool"
  >
  > What I would like to do is to have:
  >
  > - one pool for Full, with one job for every volume
  > - one pool for incremental, as above
  > - one pool for differential, as above
  > - and one pool for virtualfull, as above.
  >
  > I'm able to create the first virtualfull, by reading full,incr and
  > diffs, but after that, bacula will try to re-read virtualfull (for
  > the next virtualfull backup) by using the whole storage resource.
  >
  > I'm unable to not use a dedicated storage resource, due to
deadlock.
  > (storage is busy reading... and so on.)

i have the same problem and i could not find a satisfactory solution.

so i tried to use a virtual autocharger but bacula support is buggy:

see the thread "virtualfull using tapes" or my previous post a few
month ago "bug ? bacula asks for a volume that is already mounted"

so far virtuallfulls with bacula are do not seem to be production
ready sadly ....

penne