Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Virtual Backups

2011-01-07 10:50:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Virtual Backups
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta <newsletter-ale AT guest DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:21:57 +0100
Hi all,
i'm trying to configure a bacula 5.0.2 to do virtual backups.
I'm able to do the first virtual backup with success, but after
that, i'm unable to do a new one.

This is the error message that i'm receiving in the second virtualfull:

07-Jan 15:07 b01-dir JobId 1335: Using Device
"myclient-FileStorageVirtualFull"
07-Jan 15:07 b01-sd JobId 1335: acquire.c:117 Changing read device. Want
Media Type="myclient-FileVirtualFull" have="myclient-File"
  device="myclient-FileStorage" (/var/bacula/backups/clients/myclient)

I'm using a different Pool for every kind of backups:

Job {
   Pool = myclient-FullPool
   Full Backup Pool = myclient-FullPool
   Incremental Backup Pool = myclient-IncrementalPool
   Differential Backup Pool = myclient-DifferentialPool
   Storage = myclient-Storage
}

Pool {
   Name = "myclient-VirtualFullPool"
   Label Format = "${Year}${Month:p/2/0/r}${Day:p/2/0/r}_
${Hour:p/2/0/r}${Minute:p/2/0/r}-myclient-virtualfull"
   Pool Type = Backup
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
   Storage = myclient-StorageVirtualFull
   NextPool = myclient-FullPool
}

Pool {
   Name = myclient-FullPool
   Label Format = "${Year}${Month:p/2/0/r}${Day:p/2/0/r}_
${Hour:p/2/0/r}${Minute:p/2/0/r}-myclient-full"
   Pool Type = Backup
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
}

Obviously I also have a pool for Incremental and Differential.

This is the storage daemon configuration:

Device {
   Name = myclient-FileStorage
   Device Type = File;
   Media Type = myclient-File
   Archive Device = "/var/bacula/backups/clients/myclient"
   LabelMedia = yes;
   Random Access = yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;
   Requires Mount=no;
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}

Device {
   Name = myclient-FileStorageVirtualFull
   Device Type = File;
   Media Type = myclient-FileVirtualFull
   Archive Device = /var/bacula/backups/clients/myclient
   LabelMedia = yes;
   Random Access = yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;
   Requires Mount=no;
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = no;
}

What I understood from documentation is that Bacula will read
Full,Differential and Incremental volumes from the Pool specified
in "Pool" directive from the Job resource and then it will write
the VirtualFull backup to the NextPool resource of the original Pool.

This will work for the first time, but the second time, it tries
to read the VirtualFull from the original Pool regardless the
real pool and storage specified with "NextPool"

Any hints?