Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Extremly slow backup

2011-01-03 09:40:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Extremly slow backup
From: Marcin Krol <hawk AT pld-linux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:38:17 +0100
> did you enable "Spool Attributes" or "Spool Data" in the job resource?

> did you run the btape tests? do you have compression or encryption
> enabled?
>
> your config and some infos about the bacula version may help.

"Spool Attributers" or "Spool Data" is not enabled in job resource.

I wasn't running btape tests recently, just few months ago or so when I
was setting up bacula. No media errors were reported by tape library
since then. However same poor performance occurs when backup is saved
locally to files on disk.

There is only hardware compression enabled on tape drive. No encryption.

Affected client version is 5.0.3-1 built from official .src.rpm on
CentOS 5.3. Bacula director and SD are also 5.0.3 from packages provided
by PLD Linux.

Client config: http://pastebin.com/zArDX56e
SD config: http://pastebin.com/AGh6HMzB
Dir config: http://pastebin.com/GFQxUUJi

I've removed client and jobs definitions for other machines from
director config to keep it small.

M.