Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows 2003 agent performance

2010-12-29 14:53:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows 2003 agent performance
From: "Richard Amerman" <ramerman AT roadmasterinc DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:10:26 -0800
I'm having issues with the performance of the bacula agent, 5.0.3 32bit,
on Win 2003 32bit installed cleanly in a Virtualbox VM with 4 procs and
3GB ram, with little in use.

This machine uses very little cpu under normal load but when a bacula
backup starts up the cpu usage climes to 89% but the bacula fd process is
only a part of that, the rest is not accounted for, I'm wondering if it is
the VSS system.

It does not matter if the job is a full or diff job.

This VM is hosted on a CentOS 5.5 64bit box with 2 x Quad Zeon and RAID 5.

The Bacula server is running on the same CentOS box, also 5.0.3.

Everything else is working great with the system, it is only the CPU
usage. I'm trying to do an hourly diff so this CPU usage is making the
server almost unusable for 5-15 minutes every hour.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has seen anything like this and/or has
any advice.

Thanks!!

--

Richard