Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] incremental larger than full?

2010-12-07 13:14:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] incremental larger than full?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:12:00 GMT

> I assumed it was the following:
>
> : 05-Dec 03:30 bacula-fd-turtle-121 JobId 37: Error:
> /var/www/data/munin/db/pinboard/pbdhetzner/turtle-121-diskstats_latency-vdc-svctm-g.rrd
>  mtime changed during backup.

OK, that is benign (as long as you don't mind about the file possibly being
inconsistent in the backup).

> Hmm, but possibly the following got something to do with it too? It's
> something I thought I'd try to figure out as soon as I got around to
> it (speak I'm no longer constantly purging the storage pools because
> they fill up too quickly).
>
> : 05-Dec 11:14 bacula-fd-turtle-121: ERROR in job.c:1152 Unknown
> include/exclude option: J
> Actually your question got me to think about something I was dismissing
> up to now: I set Accurate = no in the JobDefs and commented out
> Signature/basejob/accurate/verify in FileSet and the first tests look
> promising. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something about Accurate and/or
> the other things I commented out.

The "Unknown include/exclude option" errors happen because older versions of
bacula-fd don't support the Accurate fileset option (only the Accurate Job
option).

> FileSet {
>   Name = "DefaultFileset"
>   Ignore FileSet Changes = yes
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       compression = GZIP
>       signature = SHA1
>       basejob  = ipnugsmc1
>       accurate = ipnugsmc1
>       verify   = ipnugsmc1
>       onefs = yes
>       sparse = yes
>       noatime = yes
>       checkfilechanges = yes
>       wilddir = "lost+found"
>       Exclude = yes
>       aclsupport = yes
>     }
>     File = "\\|/bin/bash -c \"df -lPhT -x iso9660 -x tmpfs | egrep -v
> '^Filesystem' | awk '{print \$NF}' | egrep -v '^/tmp' | egrep -v
> '^/export/backup'\""
>   }
>   Exclude {
>     File = /var/spool/bacula
>     File = /.journal
>     File = /.fsck
>     File = /var/lock
>     File = /var/run
>     File = /var/tmp
>     File = /var/cache/yum
>     File = /var/lib/yum/yumdb
>     File = /home/*/.gvfs
>   }
> }

Combining Exclude = yes with the other options in a single Options clause is
slightly strange, because you aren't applying those options to the excluded
files.  It would be better to have

    Options {
      wilddir = "lost+found"
      Exclude = yes
    }
    Options {
      compression = GZIP
      signature = SHA1
      basejob  = ipnugsmc1
      accurate = ipnugsmc1
      verify   = ipnugsmc1
      onefs = yes
      sparse = yes
      noatime = yes
      checkfilechanges = yes
      aclsupport = yes
    }

Note that the last Options clause provides the defaults for everything that
doesn't match the wild/regex patterns in the other Options clauses.  That is
why it will work with only one clause.

__Martin