Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge

2010-11-17 06:04:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:03:41 +0000
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:48:36AM +0000, Dermot Beirne wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Here is the pool definitions I'm using.
>
> Is there some way I can get the entire "disk" pool volumes purged when
> they expire, so they are all truncated and all that space is released.

I don't think that you're going to have much luck with this.
If you do, I would be interested in how you did it.

When the ActionOnPurge feature originally came along, I found a dangerous
bug in it. The bacula people said that they would try to fix it in the
next version.
But as far as I understand it, the fix is that you shouldn't try to run it
automatically.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/bacula/2010/02/01/new-actiononpurge-feature/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/bacula/2010/01/28/action-on-purge-feature-broken-in-5-0-0/