Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge

2010-11-16 19:47:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:44:55 -0500
On 11/16/10 15:40, Dermot Beirne wrote:
> Hi
> I have just upgraded to 5.0.3 to take advantage of the actiononpurge
> truncate feature.
> I use disk to disk to tape backup, and need to recover the disk space
> asap after the copy job finishes.
> Problem is that bacula will not purge a volume until it needs it, even
> if the files,jobs and volume retention periods have expired. I have
> monthly disk volumes i need to recover the space from for subsequent
> daily and weekly jobs to use.
> How can i get bacula to purge these so they can be auto truncated.
> Thank you.

Dermot, we'd be better placed to answer your question if you would post
your Pool definitions.

Did you include the "AutoPrune = yes" directive?  If not, try adding it,
updating your Pool from the resource, then updating all your applicable
Volumes from the Pool.

Here's my Incremental disk pool for example:

Pool {
  Name = Incr-Disk
  Storage = babylon4-sd
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no
  Recycle Oldest Volume = no
  Recycle Current Volume = no
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 1 month
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 0
  Volume Use Duration = 23h
  Label Format =
"INCR-$Year${Month:p/2/0/r}${Day:p/2/0/r}-${Hour:p/2/0/r}:${Minute:p/2/0/r}"
  RecyclePool = Scratch
}

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.