Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.3 backport for debian lenny?

2010-09-14 13:12:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.3 backport for debian lenny?
From: Sven Hartge <sven AT svenhartge DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:48:47 +0200
On 14.09.2010 18:02, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> On 14/09/10, Ralf Gross (Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de) wrote:

>> Thanks, I know this version from backports, and if there is no other
>> deb available, I'll give it a try.
>>
>> From http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=news (and from the mails I
>> received from the bacula-bugs list) I had the feeling that 5.0.3 fixed
>> some important issues.
>
> Sorry, I mis-read your intention to skip 5.0.2 (I read it as "skip to").
>
> You may wish to contact the backports maintainer (rhonda at deb.at) to
> see if there is a plan to update the backport to 5.0.3. The backports
> maintaners were very helpful to me when I wished to do a custom
> packaging of 5.0.2.

I am not affiliated with backports.debian.org so I cannot speak for
them, but since there is no 5.0.3 in neither Debian unstable nor Debian
testing, the backport will not get updated to 5.0.3

You (Ralf) need to contact the maintainer of Bacula in Debian (John
Goerzen) and ask if he is willing to package 5.0.3 and willing to ask
the release managers to let this version migrate to testing.

Only after all this has happened there will be a backport of 5.0.3.

Grüße,
Sven.