Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.3 backport for debian lenny?

2010-09-14 12:04:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula 5.0.3 backport for debian lenny?
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:02:13 +0100
On 14/09/10, Ralf Gross (Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de) wrote:
> Rory Campbell-Lange schrieb:
> > On 14/09/10, Ralf Gross (Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de) wrote:
> > > ...so I'd like to skip 5.0.2 which is available in lenny-backports
> > > right now.
> > >
> > > Does anyone use an alternative bacula repository for debian lenny?
> >
> > We have been using the backports 5.0.2-1 on Stable for a couple of
> > months. It works well.
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/bacula
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Backports#Findingbackports
>

> Thanks, I know this version from backports, and if there is no other
> deb available, I'll give it a try.
>
> From http://www.bacula.org/en/?page=news (and from the mails I
> received from the bacula-bugs list) I had the feeling that 5.0.3 fixed
> some important issues.

Sorry, I mis-read your intention to skip 5.0.2 (I read it as "skip to").

You may wish to contact the backports maintainer (rhonda at deb.at) to
see if there is a plan to update the backport to 5.0.3. The backports
maintaners were very helpful to me when I wished to do a custom
packaging of 5.0.2.

Kind regards
Rory

--