Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot build bacula-client 5.0.3 on FreeBSD 7.3

2010-09-13 19:49:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot build bacula-client 5.0.3 on FreeBSD 7.3
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:46:34 -0400
On 9/13/2010 7:21 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>>> Yes, I was. On more than one system. I should have mentioned this in
>> the
>>> first place. I will investigate applying this patch and report back.
>>>

>> The patch worked. To be accurate, the command as follows:
>>
>> # patch<   /path/to/bacula-5.0.3-libz.patch
>>
>> resulted in only one out of the four patches being applied (the second).
>> Manually editing the two files for the remaining three patches did it.
>> Did I do this wrong?
>
> As long as they were applied carefully and at the correct places, manual
> patching is usually fine.  It's just time-consuming.  If the only
> problem is a line number offset, patch will usually spot it and apply
> the patch in the correct place in the code anyway.

Is this a patch which should be committed to the source tree?

If so, I'll apply it to the FreeBSD port until such time as it is in the
tree.  Hmmm, and if not, I'll apply it anyways. It seem to be required.

Also, should this patch be applied in all cases, or ONLY if using
--disable-libtool?

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/