Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Advise for a bit complicated migration/consolidation

2010-09-02 16:23:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Advise for a bit complicated migration/consolidation
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:20:59 -0400
On 09/02/10 15:21, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On 09/02/2010 08:33 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> I meant to say, bscan will do part of what you want.  Depending on the
>> media, you should be able to either copy the disk volumes to the new
>> datacenter, or send tapes and install a drive that can read them if
>> necessary; at that point you should be able to bscan their metadata into
>> your new Catalog, at which point you should be set.
>
> I theory, I've think of it, but in reality, as it's not tape
> it seems I have to rebuild all the devices and the file system where they
> have been + give bscan the old bacula-sd.conf
> otherwise : nothing work ...

I don't see why that should be necessary.  A disk volume is just a file.
 It's not tied to any specific filesystem.  You should be able to put it
anywhere you want, and make the sd.conf file that you feed to bscan
match that location and a valid disk Pool.  If you can't do that and
have it work, something is wrong.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.