Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Advise for a bit complicated migration/consolidation

2010-09-02 15:25:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Advise for a bit complicated migration/consolidation
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:21:56 +0200
On 09/02/2010 08:33 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 09/02/10 14:17, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> On 09/02/10 13:56, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>>> Is there a magic way to read old media and pipe data in them to a new
>>> media which will be stored on a new location, new name, and have it's
>>> file & path recorded in DB ?
>>
>> Have you looked at bscan?
>
> Er, I sent that rather prematurely.
>
> I meant to say, bscan will do part of what you want.  Depending on the
> media, you should be able to either copy the disk volumes to the new
> datacenter, or send tapes and install a drive that can read them if
> necessary; at that point you should be able to bscan their metadata into
> your new Catalog, at which point you should be set.

I theory, I've think of it, but in reality, as it's not tape
it seems I have to rebuild all the devices and the file system where they have
been + give bscan the old bacula-sd.conf
otherwise : nothing work ...
That's why I've said, not so simple todo.

--

Bruno Friedmann  bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch

Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

  openSUSE Member
    User www.ioda.net/r/osu
    Blog www.ioda.net/r/blog