Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Catalog MD5 not matching file MD5

2010-08-14 07:19:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Catalog MD5 not matching file MD5
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:15:45 +0100
Sorry to be asking so many questions, again.

I have the following catalog record for a file:

    path: /backup/archive/datasnap0/etc/
    file: wgetrc
    md5 : 7rJlwjvesDfThOLanMuCog

After restoring this file I have run md5, and I get:

    eeb265c23bdeb037d384e2da9ccb82a2  wgetrc

After reading the docs I understand that the catalog record is a base64
encoding. However, running

    openssl dgst -md5 archive/datasnap0/etc/wgetrc | awk '{print $2}' | openssl
enc -base64

returns ZWViMjY1YzIzYmRlYjAzN2QzODRlMmRhOWNjYjgyYTIK

How can I match the catalog md5 record to the restored file's md5?

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net