Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bscan mysql authorization error

2010-08-20 13:07:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] bscan mysql authorization error
From: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:58:36 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to wipe one of my tapes that would not allocate to a pool upon labeling. The tape is loaded in the drive and I’ve stopped bacula-sd. However, when I attempt to issue the bscan command below it tells me it cannot access the mysql server. I’ve tested with the password located in my bacula-dir.conf files and it works just fine. Any ideas? Is there a bscan config file that I should have that may be missing?

Thanks,

JJ

BSCAN ERROR

[root@scrappy bacula]# ./bin/bscan -V 000006L4 -v -s -m -c bacula-sd.conf /dev/nst0

bscan: butil.c:281 Using device: "/dev/nst0" for reading.

20-Aug 09:49 bscan JobId 0: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for Volume "000006L4" on "Drive1" (/dev/nst0). Manual load may be required.

20-Aug 09:49 bscan JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.

20-Aug 09:49 bscan JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result is Slot 16.

20-Aug 09:49 bscan JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "000006L4" on device "Drive1" (/dev/nst0).

20-Aug 09:50 bscan: ERROR TERMINATION at bscan.c:304

mysql.c:194 Unable to connect to MySQL server.

Database=bacula User=bacula

MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is incorrect.

TESTING BACULA CREDENTIALS – WORKS!

[root@scrappy bacula]# mysql -u bacula -p bacula

Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.

Your MySQL connection id is 17

Server version: 5.0.77 Source distribution

mysql>