Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Network Address Translation : "Failed to connect to storage daemon"

2010-08-20 04:32:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Network Address Translation : "Failed to connect to storage daemon"
From: Smaïne KAHLOUCH <smaine.kahlouch AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:30:03 +0200
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure a client in a remote network.
In order to work, i had to configure an address translation.
I also indicated the external ip address in the bacula-fd.conf. (this address is then translated to the real bacula server address)

The authentication seems to work but the client can't connect to the storage daemon. It still tries to connect to the FQDN.

Warning: bnet.c:864 Could not connect to Storage daemon on "fqdn" ERR=Connection timed out

The problem is that i can't modify the /etc/hosts because it will be overwritten by an cron script.

Is there an option to indicate the NAT address for that client ? Is there another way to do so ?

Regards,
Smaïne