Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Retention question

2010-08-19 06:30:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Retention question
From: stephen mulcahy <smulcahy AT atlanticlinux DOT ie>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:27:05 +0100
John Drescher wrote:
> Looks fine to me. I do similar.  Although I do not bother setting File
> and Job retention.
>
> Pool {
>   Name = UserBackup
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
> Volumes
>   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
>   Volume Retention = 90 days          # 90 day recycle period
> }

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. If you don't set the File and Job Retention will
they not default to 60 days and 180 days? Resulting in File and Job data
being deleted from the Catalog after these periods, even for Volumes
that aren't being recycled?

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy     Atlantic Linux         http://www.atlanticlinux.ie
Registered in Ireland, no. 376591 (144 Ros Caoin, Roscam, Galway)