Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder

2010-07-28 20:24:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder
From: Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bourgin AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 02:11:23 +0200
On 07/28/2010 04:33 PM, pierre1106 wrote:

> Hello,

hello,

> i've got a problem that I cannot work around :(
>
> I've got a distant Windows 2003 server to backup with bacula.
> My problem is that, on this server, there is a lot of folders and files
> with accented character (as this server is a french one)
> and bacula cannot "find" or backup any of these folders :( :(
>
> Each time i tried, i've got an error like :
>
> JobId 16542:      Could not stat d:/Données/commercial: ERR=no such file or
> directory.
>
> I've check and check again but this folder is existing on the distant server.
>
> If i tried to rename the accented folder "Données" without the accent
> "Donnees",
> my backup works. (but i can't rename every folders and subfolders or files
> with an accent)
>
> I've got Bacula server v5.0.2 on a debian lenny and a client v5.0.2 on my
> windows server.
> My server as locale on fr_FR.UTF-8
>
> Any idea on how to get it working ?

the doc says: everything in UTF-8
(http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Customizing_Configuration_F.html#SECTION001710000000000000000)

The bacula configuration file(s) that contains the FileSet definition
are encoded with UTF-8 charset?

( with vim, command ":set encoding" displays the encoding scheme of the
current file)

my $0.02

Pierre