Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder

2010-07-29 14:45:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:22:16 +0200
Hi Pierre, this sound a bit strange, as we are backing up here lots of those
accentuated folders
also in french.

From what I understand you define them directly on the config file.
Save me this
D:/Données/...

Did you have enclosed them between ""
"D:/Données/"

I found it better to enclose any path especially for windows one.

There's also another trouble which can be related : If D:/Données is a junction
point.
They are not well supported ... and you will have to give them also a drive
letter (like K: )
the junction point can be leave where it is.

Hope this help you a bit

On 07/29/2010 05:21 PM, pierre1106 wrote:

> I'm not using postgresql but mysql and i don't think that the path to save on
> the distant client is defined in the database .... perhaps saved once the
> backup has been done ?
>
> Anyway, even if I try an "estimate" command, it doesn't read a directory with
> an accent :(

> |This was sent by pierre.chevallier AT option-service DOT fr via Backup
> Central.

Bruno Friedmann  bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch

Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

  openSUSE Member
    User www.ioda.net/r/osu
    Blog www.ioda.net/r/blog