Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder

2010-07-29 06:13:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup windows client with accented characters in folder
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:51:33 +0100
On 28/07/10, pierre1106 (bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com) wrote:
> If i tried to rename the accented folder "Donn�es" without the accent
> "Donnees", my backup works. (but i can't rename every folders and
> subfolders or files with an accent)
>
> I've got Bacula server v5.0.2 on a debian lenny and a client v5.0.2 on
> my windows server. My server as locale on fr_FR.UTF-8

I wonder if this is an issue with database encoding. The default on
postgres at least is SQL_ASCII, whereas it would be better if it matched
the locale setting or (in general) UTF8. UTF8 has been the default
encoding for postgres on Debian system from at least postgresql version
8.3.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net