Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs running twice?

2010-07-13 13:20:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Jobs running twice?
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:17:14 -0500
 On 7/1/10 9:29 AM, Jon Schewe wrote:
> On 7/1/10 9:29 AM, John Drescher wrote:

>>> The log running job was going to disk, the daily job was going to tape.
>>>

>> Have you turned on concurrency? This is off by default. Remember when
>> turning on concurrency you may have to set "Maximum concurrent Jobs"
>> in 5 or more places.
>>

> No I haven't tried that. I'll look into that. Thanks.

I looked into the duplicate jobs options and according to the
documentation the default is to not allow duplicate jobs. So why am I
seeing duplicate jobs queued? In this case I have a copy to tape job:
Job {
    Name = "CopyToTape"
    Type = Copy
    #Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
    Priority = 40 # after catalog
    Pool = Disk-Pool
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
    Selection Type = PoolUncopiedJobs
    Messages = Standard

    Level = Full # ignored
    Client = mn-server-fd # ignored
    FileSet="Standard Full Set" # ignored
}

If one of the copy jobs takes over 24 hours because of something like a
stuck autoloader then the same jobs are queued up again. Why are these
jobs queued up twice?

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital