Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula developer's conference

2010-07-13 08:00:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula developer's conference
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "bacula-devel" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:56:49 +0200
Hello,

Are you interested to:

- Meet the Bacula developers in person
- Learn how we maintain the source code
- Hear some presentations about Bacula from the developers
- Want to learn about and help define the Bacula roadmap.
- Want to give feedback or ideas directly to the developers.
- Learn more about Bacula Systems
- Any of a load of other reasons

If so, we wondering if there is enough interest to have a Bacula developer's
conference in Yverdon, Switzerland (about 1.5 hour by train from Geneva
Airport) on the 27th and 28th of September.  If you arrive on Sunday the 26th
there would even be a chance to meet most of the Bacula Systems founders in
person.

This conference would be mainly interesting for developers and advanced Bacula
users, but it is open and free for everyone.  If you are or have been a
contributor to the Bacula project, the project may be able to sponsor part of
your trip.

We envision a three day event:
- Day 1: Sunday 26 Sept.  Arrival.  Visit the Bacula Systems offices and meet
the Bacula developers and the Bacula Systems founders.  Totally informal and
optional
- Day 2: Monday 27 Sept. Presentations by Bacula developers and anyone else
who would like to give a formal presentation (30 to 45 minutes)
- Day 3: Informal direct conversations with the developers, planning,
organizing, ...

If this interests you, please let me know, and if there is enough interest, we
will hold it.

Best regards,

Kern