Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume expire issue

2010-07-12 16:33:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume expire issue
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:31:00 -0400
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Jeremiah D. Jester
<jjest AT u.washington DOT edu> wrote:
>> |     104 | KL0392     | Full      |       1 | 226,775,678,976 |
>> | 227 |   31,536,000 |       1 |    6 |         1 | LTO2      |
>> | 2010-07-09 11:40:01 |
>
> Ok, so you took the VolRention secs and did this calculation to get number of
> days?
>
> 31,536,000  / (60*60*24) = 365 days
>
> Why do you suppose the volume wasn't added to the 'Offsite' pool? Looks like
> it got put into the 'Catalog' pool. When I swap out full tapes I'm simply
> running 'lable barcodes' and assigning all tapes to scratch. Is this correct?
> Thanks for your help!

No it was in the correct pool just did not have the correct retention.

If it was in the wrong pool it would not have been returned in the
list media command.

Did you move this volume from a different pool? Did you ever change
the volume retention of the Offsite pool after adding tapes?

John