Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Specifying multiple files on bconsole restore command line

2010-02-12 16:02:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Specifying multiple files on bconsole restore command line
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:58:47 +0100
Hello,

it seems you "hijacked" another thread, which is bad for several
reasons. Among them, people using a threaded view of the list mail
will not easily find your question... well, I did. See below.

12.02.2010 15:19, Robb Penoyer wrote:

> Hi all, I need to specify multiple files on a single command line for a
> restore operation. NOTE: the use of the redirect input from file is not
> suitable as it requires the file be on the server running the bacula
> director daemon.
>
> The command I have been trying is below, with a result of only one file
> being selected. What am I missing?

Nothing, I think. According to the manual, it should work. If it
doesn't, it would be a bug to report in my opinion.

However, you can also try to use a string like "?tablename" where
"tablename" is a database table that holds tuples of JobId,FileIndex
to restore. You've got to do some database operations yourself to
populate that table with the required data, but you could do this
with, for example, a web front-end from a client. You end up with
functionality from bweb / recover.pl

Actually, recover.pl might be worth looking at - it's in the examples
directory of the source code.

Cheers,

Arno

> This is in bconsole 5.0.0:
>

> restore client=ROBB-MAC-OSX-fd current
> file="/Users/robb/backuptesting/file1"
> file="/Users/robb/backuptesting/file2" done yes
>

> Bootstrap records written to
> /var/bacula/working/andromeda-dir.restore.30.bsr
>
> The job will require the following
>    Volume(s)                 Storage(s)                SD Device(s)
>
>     BackupPool-0002           File                      PenoyerStorage
>
> Volumes marked with "*" are online.
>

> 1 file selected to be restored.
>

> On 2/12/10 7:47 AM, "Thomas Mueller" <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch> wrote:
>
>>> I left it running for ~12 hours, BAT was unresponsive, and the web
>>> interface on the library was showing idle :-(
>> are there some suspicous kernel messages ? (dmesg | grep st)
>>

>>> Is there a "better" way of doing a scan ?
>> use barcode labels and "update slots" (without scan). then do a "label
>> barcodes" so bacula will write the barcode lables to tape.
>>
>> - Thomas

> Robb Penoyer
>  Cell Phone 904-591-3882

Arno Lehmann