Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula

2010-02-14 16:52:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula
From: shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq931 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:49:21 +0000
erm, high embarrassment mode

mt wasn't installed...

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x44 (no translation).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

however I think that some responsibility lies elsewhere, shouldn't the
bacula install rpm require mt as a pre-req ?

although you indicated
wait_for_drive() {
  i=0
  while [ $i -le 300 ]; do  # Wait max 300 seconds
    if mt -f $1 status 2>&1 | grep "${ready}" >/dev/null 2>&1; then
      break
    fi
    debug "Device $1 - not ready, retrying..."
    sleep 1
    i=`expr $i + 1`
  done
}
as the place to debug, it was actually

case $cmd in
   unload)
      debug "Doing mtx -f $ctl unload $slot $drive"

      if test ${offline} -eq 1 ; then
        mt -f $device offline
      fi
      if test ${offline_sleep} -ne 0 ; then
        sleep ${offline_sleep}
      fi
      ${MTX} -f $ctl unload $slot $drive
      ;;

   load)
      debug "Doing mtx -f $ctl load $slot $drive"
      ${MTX} -f $ctl load $slot $drive
      rtn=$?
      if test ${load_sleep} -ne 0 ; then
        sleep ${load_sleep}
      fi
#      wait_for_drive $device
      sleep 60
      exit $rtn
      ;;

   list)

that I had made the change

I'm going to revert the change and restest.

Cheers

Arne