Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula

2010-02-12 05:30:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula
From: shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq931 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:28:13 +0000
Hi,

The environment is Centos 5.4 x86 with Bacula 5.0.0-1 built from srpms
(built as a non root user, and installed as root), with just the qwt
and wx parts from the epel repo, and the rest from the main Centos
repo.

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# uname -a
Linux sp-mirror-02.loewygroup.local 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed
Jan 20 08:16:13 EST 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# rpm -qa | grep bacula
bacula-docs-5.0.0-1
bacula-mysql-5.0.0-1
bacula-mtx-5.0.0-1
bacula-bat-5.0.0-1

As can be seen from the below, mtx can see the changer. I can also see
the slots in BAT, but I'm unable to label any tapes, or run a backup
as Bacula (BAT) can't see the tapes in the library.

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# lsscsi
[0:0:5:0]    tape    CERTANCE ULTRIUM 3        2090  /dev/st0
[0:0:5:1]    mediumx QUANTUM  UHDL             0061  -
[1:0:0:0]    disk    IFT      A16F-G2430       348B  /dev/sda

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# mtx -f /dev/nst0 inquiry
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'CERTANCE'
Product ID: 'ULTRIUM 3       '
Revision: '2090'
Attached Changer API: No

[root@sp-mirror-02 ~]# mtx -f /dev/sg1 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
Product ID: 'UHDL            '
Revision: '0061'
Attached Changer API: No

There are tapes in the library (I put them there), however they don't
have barcodes on them.

The error I get is "No volumes found to lable, or no barcodes"

As the problem is probably down to my lack of knowledge with Bacula,
rather than an actual problem, I've attached the bacula-dir.conf and
the bacula-sd.conf.

Cheers

Arne