Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't restore after upgrade

2010-01-29 08:14:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't restore after upgrade
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Kiryl Hakhovich <khakhovich AT bsolution DOT net>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:12:38 -0500
> so i did read about these volume utilities and did use half of them during
> my experience with bacula, however:
> - using bscan into catalog (accoriding to doc's) scanned for a while, said
> database updated, however running restore complain again about records are
> being pruned (note my volumes are all set/marked as "used" the ones i am
> trying to access)

Being marked as used should have nothing at all to do with the ability
to restore data. Unless the volumes are getting pruned automatically.

> dbcheck seem to do lot's of clean up rather finding something that may have
> been corrupt (which i think happen during upgrade)
>
> after all i did restore with regexp, but still would be cool to find a
> solution as to where are the records from db.
>
> (i could and may, will do a clean 5.0 install or something and rescan all
> tapes back if there are no work around in this area)

So you are using 5.0.0. There were several bugs found since its
release. One weird one is on first run bacula says its pruning volumes
that are around 40 years old.

> are there any more info i can provide to help this troubleshoot ?

Please post the messages you get when you try to restore any of this
data. Along with any log info that says it is pruning. Like you
mentioned in the section about using bscan.

John