Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula on Netgear ReadyNAS backs up way too much

2010-01-29 08:31:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula on Netgear ReadyNAS backs up way too much
From: Ben Laurie <ben AT links DOT org>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:28:28 +0000
On 29/01/2010 12:33, Dan Langille wrote:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
>>>
>>> list files jobid=#####
>>>
>>> should give you a list of files backed up for a job.
>>
>> Should I expect it to be empty for aborted jobs?
>
> Is this theoretical?  What have you seen?

I have seen no files for aborted jobs. For example:

*list files jobid=5296
No results to list.
+-------+-------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-------------+-----------+
| JobId | Name  | StartTime           | Type | Level | JobFiles |
JobBytes    | JobStatus |
+-------+-------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-------------+-----------+
| 5296  | nasty | 2009-12-11 19:20:47 | B    | I     | 324212   |
31351030934 | A         |
+-------+-------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+-------------+-----------+

>>>  Then you can
>>> look at them in more detail using regular unix tools to see what's
>>> going on here.
>>>
>>> I'd also recommend that you setup a small test client area where you
>>> can play and do backups.
>>>
>>> I wonder if the NAS box updates mtimes when a file is accessed.  Or if
>>> you change something trivial like a directory permission, etc.
>>
>> No, it seems not.
>
> Did you see the post about virus-scanners?  They have been known to mess
> with times.

Well, as I mentioned, find does not find files with unexpected mtimes.
So, I guess it's not that.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/