Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't restore after upgrade

2010-01-29 00:51:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't restore after upgrade
From: Kiryl Hakhovich <khakhovich AT bsolution DOT net>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 00:47:23 -0500
On 01/28/2010 01:31 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM, John Drescher<drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Kiryl Hakhovich
>> <khakhovich AT bsolution DOT net>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> so a few months back we upgraded bacula from 2.2.8 to 3.0.2
>>> upgraded everything (binaries, mysql, etc)
>>>
>>> and i guess we missed some tests. however, now we can't restore anything
>>> that was backed up prior to upgrade.
>>> basically all volumes are not pruned/purged, yet some dates do not show
>>> at all at restore operation, and those that shows up says no records
>>> found in database.
>>>
>>> note: everything that backed up since the upgrade, does seem to work fine.
>>>
>>> any way to repare/resync some items in database?
>>>

>> Yes. Bacula should be able to restore anything you have backed up
>> regardless if it is in the catalog or the catalog was lost. The volume
>> utility tools (read the manual) are the key.
>>

> And yes there are ways of repairing the database if that is the problem.
>
> dbcheck
>
> again in the manual.
>
> John

so i did read about these volume utilities and did use half of them
during my experience with bacula, however:
- using bscan into catalog (accoriding to doc's) scanned for a while,
said database updated, however running restore complain again about
records are being pruned (note my volumes are all set/marked as "used"
the ones i am trying to access)

dbcheck seem to do lot's of clean up rather finding something that may
have been corrupt (which i think happen during upgrade)

after all i did restore with regexp, but still would be cool to find a
solution as to where are the records from db.

(i could and may, will do a clean 5.0 install or something and rescan
all tapes back if there are no work around in this area)

are there any more info i can provide to help this troubleshoot ?

kiryl