Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volume move to Default pool !!!

2010-01-28 23:47:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volume move to Default pool !!!
From: haridas n <haridas.nss AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:14:19 +0530
Hi ,

There is no such a resource parameter(RecyclePool = Default ) in my bacula-dir.conf any where.
Below pool resource is the default template for all my clients.I'm using different  pool for each client.

Pool
  {
 Name = clientname-pool
 Pool Type = Backup
 Recycle = yes
 AutoPrune = yes
 Volume Retention = 30 days
 Volume Use Duration=15 days
   }

Here I want to auto recycle the volumes under each pool(Two volumes per pool) after two week . How we can done this . I'm using bweb for manage these retention periods of my pools ,is there any problem to this type of changes to the volume parameters after it get started to store backup data. I did such a changes to my volumes in order to accomplish the auto recycling.Please guide me to do this autorecycling .

Thanks,
Haridas N.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:
On 01/28/10 00:50, haridas n wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm find some difficulties when configuring automatic recycling of
> volumes.I changed the Retention period ,Volume use period ,Recycle= yes
> and set such configurations to get the volume recycle by bacula itself
> .But what happening here is after purging the volume it move the purged
> volume to the Default pool instead of kept with the same pool.What is
> the problem of this volume recycling , is any thing related to
> configuration problem ?

Yes, this is a configuration issue.  If you would post your Pool
resources, we can identify the error.  Does your Pool definition contain
a RecyclePool = Default directive by any chance?

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org

Have a nice day.......