Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Rif: Re: Bacula - ESXi - vmdk hot backup

2010-01-21 12:03:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Rif: Re: Bacula - ESXi - vmdk hot backup
From: Ferdinando Pasqualetti <fpasqual AT ccci DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:51:34 +0100
Hi everybody,
the cleanest way I found was a script to stop and export the VMs on a local (to VM server) disk and rsync them on a bacula server disk. In this manner we can move the VM on another VMserver and save it on tape using bacula.
I tried also to use the VMWare NFS in order to export directly on a bacula disk, but there always were access problems. Using Linux NFS was safe, but veeeeery slow.
By the way rsync gives more performance without using the update feature, disk file seem too big for rsync algorithm.
Any other experience will be welcome ad if someone would like a copy of the export script (to some extent general) I can sent it.
Maybe a bacula client capable to read and backup a vmwere clone would be useful.

Ferdinando Pasqualetti
G.T.Dati srl
Tel. 0557310862 - 3356172731 - Fax 055720143

http://appleseedinfo.org