Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula - ESXi - vmdk hot backup

2010-01-21 10:13:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula - ESXi - vmdk hot backup
From: DAve <dave.list AT pixelhammer DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:42:54 -0500
Carlo Filippetto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to backup my virtual machine VMDK on ESXi 3.5
> There's a way to do it with the machine on and I have a consistent bck?
> What kind of change I have to do?
>
> Otherwise.. I can make a hot clone of my VM and backup it?

We tried several times to find a way to use Bacula, unsuccessfully. I
finally ended up using a script called ghettoVCB.sh and using scp to
copy the files over to where bacula could get to them.

If you find a better way I would love to know about it.

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org