Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about recycle = no

2010-01-19 22:00:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about recycle = no
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:58:06 -0600
On 01/18/2010 09:35 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 01/15/10 08:48, John Drescher wrote:
>
>> I think others were looking for the more complicated task of deleting
>> file volumes automatically after their retention period had expired.
>>

> Having now finished the OS reinstallation on my main workstation, I've
> had time to look at this problem.  Here's my working example.

Thanks for the example and the script. I really like it. I made some
changes to the script to implement the test parameter and also don't
purge from the catalog unless the file actually exists. This handles the
case where I'm swapping USB drives out every week.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39