Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about recycle = no

2010-01-15 14:51:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about recycle = no
From: "Mike Holden" <bacula AT mikeholden DOT org>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:49:01 -0000
John Drescher wrote:

>>> Looks good to me. Some may want different retention periods per pool
>>> but with labeling the volumes this would be easy to adjust.
>>
>> True, there is that approach.
>> What I'm actually thinking of is going the other way:  get Bacula to
>> tell me what volumes have been pruned and moved into the Scratch pool,
>> then delete them and their disk files.
>>

> That would be a little more complicated but more accurate as you are
> letting bacula decide what gets removed instead of externally forcing
> the issue.
>
> John

I posted a script recently on another thread which takes care of purging,
deleting
volumes and deleting the files based on individual retention periods. Check the
archives
over the last couple of weeks or so.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts