Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Building from source on Fedora 12

2010-01-12 12:38:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Building from source on Fedora 12
From: Robert Hartzell <bear AT rwhartzell DOT net>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:35:14 -0700
I've been asked by a friend to help setup bacula on a fedora 12 system.
Now I admit that I know next to nothing about linux... the last time I
installed a Linux system the distro was distributed a big stack of
floppys ;-)

Note: bacula builds and runs fine when disabling openssl.

The problem I having is related to openssl and crypto.c. The specific
error is:

crypto.c: In function ‘ASN1_OCTET_STRING* openssl_cert_keyid(X509*)’:
crypto.c:333: error: invalid conversion from ‘const X509V3_EXT_METHOD*’
to ‘X509V3_EXT_METHOD*’

and:

"make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libbacpy.la', needed by
`bacula-sd'.  Stop."

I'm pretty sure all the needed openssl and zlib pkgs are installed:

libpathfinder-openssl.x86_64
libpathfinder-openssl-devel.x86_64
nss_compat_ossl.x86_64
openssl.x86_64     1.0.0-0.13.beta4.fc12
openssl-devel.x86_64
openssl-perl.x86_64
openssl-static.x86_64

zlib.x86_64        1.2.3-23.fc12
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-200911081904.x86_64
zlib-devel.x86_64  1.2.3-23.fc12
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-200911081904.x86_64
zlib-static.x86_64 1.2.3-23.fc12  @fedora

google has turned up a few related posts but no solutions that I have found.

So can any of you Linux/fedora guru's out there point me towards a solution?

TIA, Robert

P.S. I know someone will probably say just install rpm's but I would
rather build from source if possible since I'm not at all familiar with
the rpm way of life.

--
   Robert W Hartzell
bear at rwhartzell.net