Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Upgrading/migrating bacula director 2.4.4 to 3.0.2 on new machine

2010-01-12 11:52:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] Upgrading/migrating bacula director 2.4.4 to 3.0.2 on new machine
From: "Paul Binkley" <paul.binkley AT ois DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:48:41 -0500

Hi all,

I wanted to follow up and share my experience with this subject, and ask for any input about problems I can expect.

I seem to have gotten my 2.4.4 director and catalog upgraded to 3.0.2 by doing the following:

  • Installed Bacula 3.0.2 on CentOS 5.4;
  • Created the empty sqlite DB;
  • Copied bacula.db from production machine (fedora 11) to new machine;
  • Ran “update_bacula_tables” on the copied DB;
  • Test to make sure director will start;
  • Copied appropriate .conf files (after backing up default ones);
  • Modified paths in .conf files as needed;
  • Disable production director and shut down server;
  • Gave new machine the IP of the production machine;
  • Restart director;
  • Use bconsole to verify that the catalog is complete;
  • Run a job;

Anything I am overlooking?

Thanks!