Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Documentation and translations

2010-01-07 03:36:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Documentation and translations
From: Eric Bollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:33:38 +0100
Hello Timo,

Le mercredi 06 janvier 2010 19:19:38, Timo Neuvonen a écrit :

> I don't know the exact situation in the newest documentation, but very
> recently there still were quite an amount of notes like "this feature works
> since version 1.38". While the current version number starts with 3, and 4
> is obviously on the way, would it be time to drop the references to pre-3.x
> versions?

I would say that we can drop references to pre-2.2 or pre-2.0 versions. Many
installations run old version of Bacula, and this is very frequent to see a
message like "i'm using 1.38 and this feature doesn't work"

This is a long term work, so if you want to speed up/help us in this task,
feel free to clone the git bacula documentation tree and send a patch.

Bye