Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 tape capacity lower than expected

2010-01-06 09:36:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 tape capacity lower than expected
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:33:57 -0500
> Is it possible that the low block size of 64k affects tape capacity? It
> looks suspicious to me that all tapes "end" at about the same size...

I have never seen it go below native capacity. I usually get around
1.5 to 1 compression rate on my data with outliners  being close to
1.1 to 1 and 5.5 to 1.

However my tapes do not get reused that many times. Most of my 80
tapes are used for archive purposes (never get deleted) and the rest
there are over 10 in rotation that lasts months before being recycled.

John