Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes

2010-01-06 05:22:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes
From: Marek Simon <marek.simon AT trustica DOT cz>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:19:28 +0100
Bacula is not intended to delete anything. The way you have a new volume
for a new day with a new uniq date-based name is not a good way for
bacula. You shuld have the volumes with generic names and recycle them
instead of removing them (you do not destroy the tapes after one use
either).
However you always can have a cron script or bacula admin job, which
finds the old volumes and removes them.
I have similar script for deleting volumes older then 60 days, usefull
for automatic tide up when you often add and remove clients.

example:
STORAGE_PATH=/var/lib/bacula/backup
/usr/bin/find $STORAGE_PATH/storedevice* -type f -ctime +60 -regex
'.*-all-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$' -delete

Marek