Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes

2010-01-04 13:09:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:05:29 +0200
"Phil Stracchino" <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> kirjoitti viestissä
news:4B410543.8040705 AT metrocast DOT net...
>I have a disk-based backup setup that uses dated volumes which are used
> for a 23-hour period then marked 'used', so that I can be certain a
> particular day's backups are contained in a single file.  They are of
> course purged after their retention time expires, at which time they are
> moved to the Scratch pool.
>
> What I would LIKE to happen next is to have these purged volumes
> automatically deleted both from the catalog AND from disk.  Has anyone
> else already implemented a solution to this problem?  I'd sooner not
> reinvent the wheel if there's a perfectly good existing solution out
> there.

Delete isn't there yet, but 3.1.4 should be able to at least truncate the
old files. Project #5:
http://bacula.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=bacula/bacula;a=blob;f=bacula/projects;hb=HEAD
Maybe it deletes also some day :-)

--