Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes

2010-01-04 04:08:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto-deleting purged volumes
From: Carlo Filippetto <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:06:19 +0100
Bacula don't delete the data,
you have to do it manually or with a script
You can add a 'post-script' in the job, or in the backup-catalog

Ciao,
Carlo

2010/1/3 Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
I have a disk-based backup setup that uses dated volumes which are used
for a 23-hour period then marked 'used', so that I can be certain a
particular day's backups are contained in a single file.  They are of
course purged after their retention time expires, at which time they are
moved to the Scratch pool.

What I would LIKE to happen next is to have these purged volumes
automatically deleted both from the catalog AND from disk.  Has anyone
else already implemented a solution to this problem?  I'd sooner not
reinvent the wheel if there's a perfectly good existing solution out there.

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org