Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Block checksum mismatch error

2009-12-20 05:47:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Block checksum mismatch error
From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann AT ans-netz DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:44:29 +0100
Arno Lehmann wrote:

> This happens, as far as I can see, only with external drives (USB in
> your and other cases, FireWire here), so I attribute it to imperfect
> external disk controller chips or USB / FireWire stacks. Whenever I
> saw those sort of errors on internal disks, I either get log messages
> or can identify faulty disk drives using smartctl. For external disks,
> this usually doesn't work. :-(

Do you know if this will also happen with eSATA? There are several
external cases with eSATA+USB-2.0 ports. I could grab those if this will
help but I'm not sure if the eSATA connection is also wrapped through the
controller chip of if it is attached directly to the SATA port of the
harddisk.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/