Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 287GB data, 100MB/day, 2 weeks restore. Howto setup

2009-12-08 06:07:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 287GB data, 100MB/day, 2 weeks restore. Howto setup
From: Niklas Hagman - FiberDirekt AB <niklas.hagman AT fiberdirekt DOT se>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:50:21 +0100
Hi there Gavin. Thanks for the answer.
It seems like I have misunderstood something here.

You say that it only requires about 1.4GB more disk space to have
F+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+I+F2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2+I2
where F2 is a VirtualFull backup.

Do you mean that a Virtual Backup does not take up more space on the
disk? It's just a catalog entry? That's really great if it's true!
I thought that one Full and one VirtualFull will take up 287GB*2 in space.