Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Enabling data compression according to storage?

2009-12-08 05:54:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Enabling data compression according to storage?
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:50:06 +0200
Software data compression can be enabled in Bacula by the Director's Fileset
"Compression=GZIP" option. But is there any way to control whether to
compress data or not, based on the storage used?

I mean, can I use software data compression for file/disk devices, and not
for tape devices, with the same Fileset, without the need to modify the
Fileset according to the wanted storage? Or is it necessary to specify two
separate Filesets, one to be used with disk storage, and another with tape
storage?

In this case, I wouldn't care if it were the client or the storage daemon or
whatever that would actually do the raw work.

Regards,
Timo