Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 287GB data, 100MB/day, 2 weeks restore. Howto setup

2009-12-07 07:49:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] 287GB data, 100MB/day, 2 weeks restore. Howto setup
From: Niklas Hagman <bacula AT post.blinkiz DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 13:03:23 +0100
Hi
Hi. I have a customer that has 287 GB of data that's needs to be
backuped. The change of this data is probably around 100MB per day. The
customer wants to be able to restore files 2 weeks back in time. How do
I set this up so it requires so little space as possible?

I was thinking about using this new Virtual Backup (Vbackup) feature
that exist from 3.0 version.
One full backup and 13 incremental backups will always exist. When a new
incremental backup is added, the oldest incremental is later merged with
the full backup by a script same day. Is this possible?

I guess I will get into problem if bacula suddenly decides to do a full
backup because something in the config file has changed. Well well..