Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem adding a client

2009-12-05 13:15:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem adding a client
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:12:35 -0700
I've been all through the documentation and I was sure I set up things
correctly.

Server is CentOS-5 built 3.0.3
Client is Macintosh built 3.0.3

Server can telnet to client port 9102
Client can telnet to server port 9103

Server can back itself up and passes tests including autochanger.

I know firewalls are not the issue and that the client fd is running and
if I stop the client-fd, I cannot telnet to the client on port 9102

Because I read that the storage daemon must be resolvable by the client,
I am using an fqdn that is internally resolvable by both server and
client from intranet dns server (represented as FQDN)

Director calls itself...
Director {
  Name = SRV1-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  SubSysDirectory = "/var/lock/subsys"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "password"
  Messages = Standard
}

Director says about client...
Client {
  Name = ja
  Address = 192.168.1.18
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "password"
  File Retention = 75d
  Job Retention = 75d
  AutoPrune = yes
}

Director says about storage...
Storage {
  Name = FQDN-sd
  Address = 127.0.0.1
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "password"
  Device = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
}

Storage daemon on server says...
Storage {           # definition of myself
  Name = FQDN-sd
  SDPort = 9103     # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = SRV1-dir
  Password = "password"
}

and finally, the Macintosh client says...
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
  Name = SRV1-dir
  Password = "password"
}
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = qa-mon
  Password = "password"
  Monitor = yes
}
#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
#
FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = qa-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /private/var/bacula/working
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = qa-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}

What am I missing or how can I further debug?

Craig

believed to be clean.