Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem adding a client

2009-12-05 13:57:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem adding a client
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:55:19 -0700
On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 13:41 -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> > OK - I replaced the 127.0.0.1 references (only in bacula-dir.conf) with
> > the fully qualified domain name that does resolve on both client and
> > server, restarted the bacula-dir daemon but that doesn't change the
> > problem... in fact, that is where I started but I went to the 127.0.0.1
> > out of frustration.
> >

> Can you explain further where the problem exists. Parts of logs or
> error messages would be very helpful.
----
via telnet from server to client...

# telnet 192.168.1.18 9102
Trying 192.168.1.18...
Connected to 192.168.1.18 (192.168.1.18).
Escape character is '^]'.
QUIT

but it will never QUIT or disconnect. It doesn't seem to 'time out' and
I can only get it to quit either by killing the process on the server or
by restarting the client or at least stopping the FD on the client.

from bconsole...
*status client=ja
Connecting to Client ja at 192.168.1.18:9102
Failed to connect to Client ja.
====
You have messages.
*
05-Dec 10:29 SRV1-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with
File daemon at "192.168.1.18:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
 for help.

- I've studied that link up and down and tried everything
- The 'Names' are the same
- The Passwords are the same
- The Maximum Concurrent Jobs on the FD is set to 20
- I've restarted the FD... the computer itself many times.

Quite honestly, I don't believe that the 'Unable to authenticate with
File Daemon at...' message is accurately reflecting what is going on.

Craig

believed to be clean.