Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help - Is bacula the right tool for me?

2009-12-01 15:38:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help - Is bacula the right tool for me?
From: Bazooka Joe <fastfish AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:34:01 -0800
I am looking to provide a service similar to Carbonite for my business
clients.

Before I spend the time to install and test I thought I would ask a
few questions first that I couldn't find on the net.

How does it perform if the clients are on dsl? ~300k upload
Does it do delta thing like rsync?
Is the windows client intuitive for non techies?
Is the backup initiated from the client or the server?
Can client pause backup?
Will it work for many small business for one server install?
Would you suggest a different open source solution?

thx
-bazooka