Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tapes not fully written

2009-07-22 17:10:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tapes not fully written
From: "Mapper ict department" <ict AT mapperlithography DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:05:13 +0200
Correction. The same occurs also during weekly backup now.
Also with tapes labeled which were put directly into the weekly pool.

We haven't noticed that before since only additional month tapes
are normally added since we've  already had labelled all weekly
tapes we needed and have been recycling them.

Now in a special case we labelled and added extra (new) tapes
to the weekly pool. There is now also a tape which is only filled
for 231 GB, also one for 320 GB for example and then marked full
and the next tape is loaded.

I'm positive though that the earlier created "weekly" tapes were
and will be fully written (with a sufficient byte count or number of
bytes).

The problem was already there some time ago but when the
earlier created weekly tapes got used, the number of bytes
written on those tapes was sufficient. Like the full tape lenght
could be used.

Just thought to let this know since it might negate some
possibilities.

With kind regards,

Tony