Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.4 backup error [SOLVED]

2009-07-21 02:01:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.4.4 backup error [SOLVED]
From: Thomas Kempf <listen AT hueper DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:56:55 +0200
Thomas Kempf schrieb:
>> Thomas Kempf wrote:

>>> Hi Bruno,
>>> first of all thank you for your explanation. It seems reasonable for me,
>>> that this is the root of the problem with postgresql and bacula. I 've
>>> really searched the docs, the mailinglist and the web, but have not
>>> found any place where the template DB encoding is mentioned as the
>>> problem source. I'll check this though.
The problem is solved in SVN now. Eric submitted a patch, which checks
for the return value of the SQL-Transaction. But far better than that,
the underlying problem with Postgresql rejecting the transaction is
solved too by setting the client_encoding explicitely to SQL_ASCII just
before the transaction begins!
Thank you Eric!

Tom