Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring an Exchange plugin backup

2009-06-26 09:28:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring an Exchange plugin backup
From: Berend Dekens <berend AT cyberwizzard DOT nl>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:23:58 +0200
Op 06/26/09 14:45, James Harper schreef:
>>> How urgent is it to get this fixed?
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell you are doing everything right... I'll look up
>>> those error messages.
>>>
>>> James
>> I disabled the ntbackup schedule to make sure I got a 'clean' full
>> backup and the result is the same. I have no log files because of the
>> full backup but the edb is in the Dirty Shutdown state again. How can
>> this happen?
>>
>> And its not insanely urgent but I was hoping to migrate the whole
> system
>> using a Bacula backup next week - or does that qualify as urgent? :)
>>

> Can you have a look in your Windows event log and see if there are any
> ese backup messages or anything?
>
> When I see that message in the bacula logs there is normally a
> corresponding message in windows.
>
> That would help figure out what the problem is.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

I just realised I restored the wrong job after the full - I just
restored the full backup and it is in a Clean Shutdown state!

The job ended in "Error: HrESERestoreComplete failed with error
0xc7fe1f42 - Database not found. Check that the Database you are trying
to restore actually exists in the Storage Group you are restoring to."

I found out that this is because I am migrating from one server to the
next and their DN differs. On a side note: the FD crashes again after
this error.

But it looks like the bu + restore went fine this time! :D

Now I just need to figure out how to change the DN on a edb file and I
can load the database.

Berend